Thank God It’s Friday!
Your Exercise Program!
It’s all about the thighs and Gluts… Single Leg Squats, Squats, Step Ups, Side Lung and Squat, Ad and Abductors – Topped off with three way calve raises.
Remember / your goal is become fit and fabulous / so work with what you have / and it’s all happening right here.
Meal of The Day!
Poached Halibut with Chunky Pineapple Salsa
Poaching halibut is a quick and easy way to ensure good results…and when you serve the halibut with our sweet and savory salsa, the dish goes from really good to absolutely delicious!
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 halibut fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Drain the pineapple and reserve 2/3 cup juice.
- Stir the pineapple chunks, cucumber, red pepper, red onion, vinegar and hot pepper sauce, if desired, in a medium bowl.
- Heat the broth, wine and reserved pineapple juice in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat to a boil. Add the fish to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve the fish with the pineapple salsa.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
– Leigh Hickombottom –
I am a mother of four girls ranging from ages 2 years old- 16yrs old. With each of my pregnancies I gained over 50lbs and successful lost and maintained my ideal weight. The weight was lost between 5 ½ – 6 ½ months later while maintaining between pregnancies and still today.
I am also a model and author. I have been in the fitness industry for about 7years and written two booklets on weight management and have been in magazines such as Oxygen, Muscle&Fitness hers, muscle Performance, muscular development, American curves and more. I am an ambassador for SunWarrior products. They are wonderful organic company with a wide variety of great raw products.
I have always been athletic as well as spiritual, therefore, trying to blend body mind in Soul connection into my fitness philosophy and Lifestyle. It is my belief that a balance of these three equal life-long success and Self-Love. Helping people to love all of who they are regardless of situation is the important message I try to bring across along with Balance of the body mind and soul to obtain and maintain our ideal image. I try to teach SELF-LOVE and acceptance as part of any successful foundation. For more information: http://www.leighhickombottom.com/
~Love your body and Nourish your Soul ~
“Fitness Friday” Special Guest:
Vice President of Operations for 100 Black Man. And we will be talking about the Tommy Smith Track Meet and Health Fair that is happening this Saturday!
- Date: Saturday, May 4th 2013
- Location: Spingarn High School Track Facility
- Address: 2500 Benning Rd. NE, Washington, DC 20002
- Time: 9:00am
You can also visit www.100BlackMenDC.org/ for complete event details.