Hello WHUR Family,
Food not only fuels our bodies, it also awakens our senses. Nature has given us the best of everything when it comes to food. We now know that the most beautifully-colored foods are also the most nutritious. And, when used in recipes, combining foods can make a beautiful presentation, have intoxicating aromas, fill our mouths with wonderful textures and flavors and create memories. So, food is clearly more than just fuel. Food also provides energy. That energy is what we commonly call calories. Let’s explore the relationships and how to make it all work for us.
- Fitness Friday Groove -
Artist: Soul II Soul
Song: Back To Life
- Your Fitness Friday Exercise Program -
Now – for your exercise program for today – Monday and Wednesday of next week – It‘s all about – The Chest – Let’s do – Flat Barbell Bench Press. So – here it is…
- The Four Exercise -
That you’re going to do are: Incline barbell bench press, Dumbell flyes and Push-ups. You will 4 set of 8-12 repetition – using a light to moderate weight. And before you start your exercise routine – warm-up for 10 minutes on the treadmill or stationary bike.
- Fitness Friday Meal of The Day -
Grilled Salmon with Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Fitness Friday Feature -
Dr. Stacey Naito (D.O.) is a physician and published medical researcher who harbors a strong passion for fitness. She obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science from Occidental College and began working as a fitness trainer immediately after obtaining her degree. Weight training became an integral part of Stacey’s daily routine, even during her post-doctoral residency training which at times had her working 120 hours per week. Her determination to train despite an extremely rigorous schedule enabled Stacey to send a strong message to patients and colleagues that is was possible to make exercise a priority.
Click picture to view larger image
- Fitness Friday Special Guest -
Mr. Wayne Goring
- About Wayne -
A native of Miami, Florida, Wayne enjoys spending family time with his wife and kids by visiting the city and loves to share the spirit of his hometown with them. He is still and forever will be a devoted fan of his high school football team known as the Bulls of Miami Northwestern Senior High School. He is also a dedicated member of the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., in which he volunteers for various community service projects throughout the Washington Metropolitan area. Contact Information:
- Aaron Ardoin Foundation -
The Aaron Ardoin Foundation for Sickle Cell Anemia was established in 2005. It is dedicated to assisting those afflicted with this disease by raising necessary funds in order to:
- Increase Awareness about the prevalence of Sickle Cell Anemia in numerous ethnic populations, its various forms, the options for treatment, the status of research, and the enormous resources needed to address this genetic condition.
- Enhance Treatment of this chronic illness and its many debilitating, even fatal, complications.
- Promote Prevention by educating caregivers, social service agencies, and communities about the genetic nature of this disease, as well as the screening options that are available for decreasing the number of newborns with Sickle Cell Disease.
- Advance the Cure by providing vital resources to support Sickle Cell Disease’s medical research efforts.
Contact Information: http://aaronardoinfoundation.org/
Enjoy You Day,