Your Exercise Program
- (10) Push-ups / (:30) Mountain Climber
- (20) Single Leg Squats / (:30) March
- (5) Burpees / (20) Jumping Jacks
- (10) Lunges / (15) High Knees
- (25) Crunches, (25) Reverse Crunches, (15) Three Way Calf Raises
Try to keep your heart rate at 65% of your maximum heart rate – To get that number take 220 minus your age that number will equal your maximum heart rate. Than take 65% of your maximum heart rate number and that will put you in the Fat Burning Zone!
The Meal of The Day:
Santa Fe Chicken Sauté
This scrumptious one-skillet dish is bursting with fabulous flavor. Sautéed chicken breasts are simmered in a kicked-up picante sauce featuring black beans and corn… this one’s a keeper.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- teaspoon ground cumin
- tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 green onions, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- cup whole kernel corn
- tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Stir the chili powder and cumin in a small bowl. Season the chicken with the chili powder mixture.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Add the garlic and onions and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in the soup, picante sauce and water and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the beans and corn. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the cilantro.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Janette Colantonio!
I am a 32 year old wife and mother of three. Two years ago I received a seat belt ticket for not being buckled up. I was over 400 pounds. My local news station here found interest in my story that they referred to as “ticket to lose” and literally it was. I have since lost 247 pounds through healthy eating and exercising and continue to share my story as a means of hope, inspiration, and motivation.
I am currently featured in Fitness Magazine and have appeared on the National Award winning day time show “The Doctor’s”. I want others to know that this can be done. I am just an ordinary person that decided to do an extraordinary thing in my life. I know exactly how it feels to have no hope. I am no stranger to adversity, but I know that we all have what we need inside of us to achieve our desires. We should never merely exist in life, but instead truly live. Here is the link to my weight loss page https://www.facebook.com/Refusing2Fail let’s support each other to live our best life!
“Fitness Friday” Guest - Daniel
Finally Fit Body Transformations:
We will be talking about kids and youth fitness
and how you can get started on being leaner, stronger and healthier.