Hello WHUR Family!
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today Monday and Wednesday of next week:
It’s all about the Back and Arms? So here it is – Triceps Extensions, Triceps Kick Backs, Bicep Curls, Lat Pull Downs, Crunches, Reverse Crunches and 3-Way Calve Raises.
You will do 4 sets of 8 repetitions of each exercise. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous – so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
“Fitness Friday” Meal of The Day!
- Italian Chicken & Peppers -
This delicious stovetop dish feeds 6…and they’ll love the taste of this easy to make Italian-flavored topper to serve over spaghetti!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and/or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium yellow, orange or green peppers, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Traditional Italian Sauce
- 3/4 of a 1-pound package spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the peppers, onions and garlic in the saucepot and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the chicken mixture over the spaghetti.