“Fitness Friday” Morning Groove
Artist: Bee Gees
Song: How Deep Is Your Love
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today Monday and Wednesday of next week:
Today, Monday and Wednesday of next week, is all about the Chest and Shoulders? So here it is – Front raises, Side Raises, Up Right Rows, Push Ups, Chest Press, Crunches, Reverse Crunches and 3-Way Calve Raises.
You will do 4 sets of 8 repetitions of each exercise. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous – so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
Your “Fitness Friday” Meal of The Day
- Sage Rubbed Roasted Turkey -
The Holidays are upon us and if you are looking to make a moist flavorful turkey. Here’s all you need to do. Rub a savory sage seasoning mixture all over your turkey. Also, add water to the roasting pan and loosely cover the turkey with foil for the first hour of roasting. I did it and the results – two words – Moist and Delicious.
- Ingredients -
- 1 whole turkey, (12 to 14 pounds), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Sage, Rubbed
- 1 tablespoon Seasoned Salt
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, Ground
- Directions -
- Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 325°F. Place roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Mix seasonings in small bowl.
- Place turkey, breast-side up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture inside turkey. Brush turkey breast with oil. Spread remaining seasoning mixture over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add 1/2 cup water to pan. Cover turkey loosely with heavy duty foil.
- Roast 1 hour. Remove foil. Roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (175°F in thigh), basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes. Transfer to platter or carving board and slice. Reserve pan juices to make gravy or to serve with turkey.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
- Ms. Eboney Chapman -
My name is Eboney Chipman and I am a IFBB Bikini Pro competitor. I got into competing in 2010 by entering a local show and placing second, I then advanced to a provincial show (state) where I also took second place and qualifying me for the Canadian nationals. I did the national show and I won my IFBB pro card. Its pretty rare to win at your first national show but I worked extremely hard and dieted very strict and it paid off.
I have appeared in several major magazines such as American Curves, Todays Black Men, Smooth, Jadore, Muscle Insider.
I am a full time personal trainer located in Vancouver BC, Canada. I offer one on one training.I have a deep love for fitness, I love helping others achieve their goals through hard work and dedication. Fitness is my passion. My goal is to provide the highest quality personalized fitness instruction so my clients can reach their fitness and health goals.
I can be reached at
Eboney Chipman-IFBB Bikini PRO-facebook fan page
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest”
- Mr. John Hart -
HP –Hewett Packard. We will be talking about the advantages of workplace wellness. And their involvement in the American Heart Association Heart Walk this Saturday. It’s Healthy Parks Healthy People!
What: The Heart Walk is a fun, inspirational, family-oriented event that brings the whole community together to raise funds for the American Heart Association.
Where: The National Mall
When: 11/9/13, 8:30 a.m. – check-in at the stage
Why: Heart disease is still the #1 health threat to our nation, yet each of us can make small changes in our daily lives to help decrease our risk of suffering from heart and stroke disease.
Event hashtags: #DCHeartWalk