“Fitness Friday” Morning Groove
Artist: The Isley Brothers
Song: Fight The Power
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today Monday and Wednesday of next week:
The Holidays are here and functions, parties, event and activities are in full swing. And let’s not forget travel. This – is your Holiday “Fitness Friday” Program workout program for you to do that requires no equipment and very little space. You are going to tone, strengthen and do your cardiovascular work all together. So here it is – Push Ups, Mountain Climbers, Single Leg Squats, Marching In Place, Burpees, Jumping Jacks, Lunges (Remember: When doing your lunges. Be sure to keep your knee in line or behind your toe when you step out out) Stop, Walking In Place-High Knees, Crunches, Reverse Crunches and 3-Way Calve Raises.
You will do 3 sets of 30 seconds of each exercise. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
Your “Fitness Friday” Meal of The Day
Ok, WHUR Family here’s the deal. It’s all about prevention, prevention of Diabetes and obesity. I went down to Memphis, Tennessee to work with a good friend of mine Chef – Dr. Timothy Moore.
My goal was to gather recipes that have flavor, substance and easy to prepare. Most importantly help in your fight or prevention of diabetes and obesity. That being said – Let’s fire up your taste buds. Here we go!
Collards Sushi With Red Peppers and Cucumber!
This combination of vegetables with hummus wrap inside a collard green makes for the perfect sushi like hors d’oeuvres or sandwich substitute.
- Ingredients -
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 T hummus made without tahini or oil
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ red pepper, cut in thin strips
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ small cucumber, cut in thin strips (skin optional)
- ½ lemon
- Direction -
- Put about 2 inches of water in a large frying pan and bring to a boil.
- Choose 4 of the finest collard greens. Lay them flat, cut off the thick stem at the point where the leaf begins, then pile them on top of each other in the boiling water. Cover and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute. Collards are pretty tough and don’t easily break apart when cooked. Their flexibility makes them a perfect wrap. Drain, then lay flat on a board or counter with the thick part of the stem facing up.
- Down the center spine of each collard leaf place a row of about 2 T hummus, sprinkle with green onions, cilantro and shredded carrots. Place thin red pepper strips and cucumber strips on top.
- Start with the side nearest you, flip it over and gently roll into a sausage shape. With a sharp knife, cut into as many small pieces as possible. Yields six or more depending on size of collard greens.
Dr. Timothy K. Moore is a plant-based chef who is an expert in diabetes and the facilitation of wellness and nutrition. He has developed international awareness programs that provide both nutritional education and culinary training for personal and professional use. His program designs clearly show how food plays a major role in diabetes, weight gain, high blood pressure and cancer. His goal is to prevent health related issues through enlightenment.
Chef Moore is a traditional naturopath doctor, a certified nutrition specialist, a certified Raw Vegan chef, and a food consultant in the development of diabetic menus and friendly meals plans. He has assisted and developed diabetes and cancer protocols for numerous physicians and specialists. He is a sought-after seminar speaker as well and the author of five published books: “Vegans eat What?, 10 Days To A Healthier You, 21 Days to a Healthier Lifestyle, 47 Tips To Reverse Your Diabetes, and 10 Secrets To A Dynamic Marriage”.
Contact Information: https://www.facebook.com/ChefTimMoore
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
- Natalie Benson -
I grew up in Dallas Texas! I have been a personal trainer since 2005.. I have been featured in most the top fitness magazines such as Oxygen, Muscle Fitness and Hers, Muscular Development, Flex Magazine and many more!!
My goal as a trainer is to help each client to believe, So that they can achieve. With patience and persistence, anyone can achieve realistic goals. I’m her to provide encouragement, confidence, motivation, and strength, to help you reach your fitness goals! Get Fit! Get Motivated! W/NATALIE Contact me @ Nataliebfitness@gmail.com
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest”
- Ms. Rania Jaziri -
Of Jordin’s Paradise. We will be talking about some SENSATIONAL WORKOUTS like Pole Fitness, Zumba and Belly Dancing just to name a few. The best part is that it’s entertaining and helps you to maintain or lose weight in no time.
Contact Information: http://jordinsparadise.com/about.htm
Meaning: To be grateful, Give Thanks