“Fitness Friday” Morning Groove
Artist: Michael Jackson
Song: Off the wall
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today Monday and Wednesday of next week:
It’s all about the Back and Arms? So here it is – Triceps Extensions, Triceps Kick Backs, Bicep Curls, Lat Pull Downs, Crunches, Reverse Crunches and 3-Way Calve Raises.
You will do 4 sets of 8 repetitions of each exercise. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous – so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
Your “Fitness Friday” Meal of The Day
Lightened-Up Chicken Enchiladas
Looking for a way to use that left over chicken? These easy-to-prepare, kicked-up enchiladas come out of the oven hot and bubbly for a Mexican-inspired dish that will have your family begging for more!
- Ingredients -
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup Picante Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 6 corn tortillas (6-inch), warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- Directions -
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir the soup, picante sauce, water, sour cream and chili powder in a large bowl. Reserve 3/4 cup soup mixture. Add the chicken to the remaining soup mixture and stir to coat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold the tortillas around the filling. Place the filled tortillas seam-side down into an 11x8x2-inch baking dish. Spoon the reserved soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Sprinkle with the cheese, if desired. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Garnish with the tomato and green onions, if desired.
My “Fitness Friday” Feature for Hard Work
As we move into the fall – Maintaining your workout program can be a little tough. Now, Put on your Hard Hat And Meet:
- Tanya Williams -
My name is Tanya L Williams and I am making my Pro debut in the Pro Master’s American Competition. I have made it my goal to show women everywhere that no matter what their age or how busy life is, we can still make changes to increase the quality of our lives.
Personally, I have been able to achieve this through exercise, which for me has lead to competing as a figure body builder, which allows me through natural body building competitions to demonstrate that by taking care of our most valuable asset, our health, lives can be changed.
Contact Info: https://www.facebook.com/WNBFProStorm
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest”
- Dr. Michelle Albert –
Chief – of Cardiovascular Medicine – at Howard University Hospital and the College of Medicine. We will be talking about the signs of cardiovascular disease and Howard University Hospital relationship with the American Heart Association.
- To Our Military Veterans and Friends -
Let’s Get Social With The
Washington, DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center
If you have questions they have answers https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonDCVAMC
Meaning: is an adjective meaning “to speak well of; to praise; to call down God’s gracious power”