Your “Fitness Friday” Morning Groove!
Artist: Luther Vandross & Cheryl Lynn
Song: If this world were mine
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today, Monday and Wednesday of next week:
Time to get ready for fall events and that means Tuxedos and that little or sleeveless Black Dresses. So, this workout is all about It’s all about the Chest and Shoulders – Front Raises, Side Raises, Up Right Rows, Push-Ups, Chest Press, Reverse Crunches, Crunches.
You will do 4 sets, 8 – 12repetitions of the exercises. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous, so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
Meal of The Day:
- We’re Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month – Colombian Chicken and Vegetable Soup
This Colombian favorite is both hearty and light. Chicken simmered with plenty of veggies and lots of Latin flavors is readily welcomed in the American kitchen. This same recipe is made with fish in the Caribbean coast of Colombia.
- Ingredients -
- 4 lb. chicken cut in pieces
- 16 cups water
- 1 pkg. (32 oz.) Frozen Tropical Vegetable Mix
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled, 2 inch diced
- ½ cup Sofrito
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic or 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 5 packets Powdered Chicken Bouillon
- 1 large onion, 2 inch diced
- 1 green plantain, peeled, 2 inch pieces
- 1 pkg. Frozen Mini Ears Corn, each ear cut in half
- 8 whole sprigs cilantro
- 1 tsp. Adobo with Cumin
- 2 packets Sazón without Annatto
- 3 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro for garnish
- Accompaniment: Colombian Hot Pepper Salsa
- Directions -
1. In pot, bring chicken and water to boil. Skim the froth and add remaining ingredients except cilantro garnish. Return to boil, lower heat and simmer until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender, about 1 hour. Discard cilantro sprigs.
2. Garnish with minced cilantro and serve with salsa on side.
Fitness Friday Feature – Hard Work
- Ms. Veronica Spriggs -
I’ve wasted too many years being fat. Excess weight affects your health, your happiness and your quality of life. I had convinced myself that I would live that way for the rest of my life.
Then one day something changed. I decided to change. I knew the road ahead would be long and tedious. But I knew I had to take it if only one step at a time. And that is just what I did. I focused not on the distance I had to go but on the actual journey itself.
I would hope to inspire anyone who is currently feeling hopeless with their current weight. Whether you have 10 pounds to lose or 100 pounds more I am proof that with a plan, some determination and a bit of courage you can obtain your goal and beyond.
Don’t waste another minute of your life not living the way it was meant to be lived!
Contact Information: http://www.meonlybetterfitness.com
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest”
- Mr. Clarence Adams -
CEO of the Capital Credit Group. We will be talking about the Health and Fitness Benefits of playing Golf, and how you can participate in the 5th Annual CCG Golf Tournament to benefit the Veterans Affairs Medical Center – Homeless Veterans Program.
- To Our Military Veterans and Friends -
It’s Tee Time! To Support our Military Veterans! Registration and Information: http://www.ccgventuresllc.com/
Washington, DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- filo -
Meaning – Friend