“Fitness Friday” Grove For Today!
- Alicia Keys & Maxwell – Fire We Make -
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today, Monday and Wednesday of next week:
It’s all about the legs; The goal is to maintain your leg strength for balance, sports, activity and prevention of osteoporosis!
And the goal is – To develop or maintain your leg strength for Balance, Sport, Outdoor Activities and to help prevent osteoporosis! You will do each exercise for 1 minute. Remember / your goal is become fit and fabulous / so work with what you have / and it’s all happening right here.
“Fitness Friday” Meal of The Day:
Easy Chicken Shepherd’s Pie!
This is a delicious twist on the old pot pie your family is sure to love! Chicken, veggies, cream of mushroom soup and instant mashed potato flakes transform into a mouth-watering dish that’s irresistible!
- Ingredients -
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% milk Cheddar cheese
- Directions -
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the soup and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the onion powder and poultry seasoning. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to the soup mixture and stir to coat. Spoon the chicken mixture into a 2-quart round casserole.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
- Ladies of Summer -
- Avis Ware -
I decided one day to take the real challenge of not just being more consistent training, but to challenge myself to change my diet; not for just health reasons but to give myself the opportunity to see what my shape really looked like.
- Leigh Hickombottom -
I am a mother of four girls ranging from ages 2 years old- 16yrs old. With each of my pregnancies I gained over 50lbs and successful lost and maintained my ideal weight. The weight was lost between 5 ½ – 6 ½ months later while maintaining between pregnancies and still today.
- Laticia “Action” Jackson -
As a survivor of domestic violence, it has become her mission to encourage women to love themselves. As a Veteran of the U.S.A.F. her discipline and determination has catapulted her fitness and educational career to great heights. She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority.
“Fitness Friday” Special Guest”
Is several students from Howard and other various Universities – As well as the Children Youth Investment Trust Corporation. We will be talking about outdoor adventure in the Shenandoah National Park, Health Parks Health People and Program Support.
DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
The new Veterans Health Library (VHL) provides Veterans and staff members with 24/7, trusted, up-to-date health information to help you stay well and well-informed. Hundreds of topics are available in a variety of formats, see for yourself: http://www.veteranshealthlibrary.org/
- Hebe - Is the goddess of youth