You know when we talk about “Fitness Friday”
The mission of Fitness Friday is to promote spiritual fitness, physical fitness and a lifestyle of healthy eating and living. And our goals are to raise awareness about obesity and rid our communities of obesity and obesity related diseases. I will deliver to you more information about women’s health, present you with a variety of fitness activities for you to choose from or experience in not the cookie cutter approach.
You will have your weekly exercise program that consist of strength training, Circuit training, Body toning and cardiovascular exercises. The meal of the day is a healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner recipe. These recipes will consist of chicken, fish, lean meats, vegetables and grains and most importantly easy to make.
And it can all be found right here on WHUR 96.3 and the WHUR.com website!
Artist: The Gap Band
Song: Party Train
Some suggestions for you to get started on your “Fitness Road to Wellness”
- Get a Physical
- Set Your Goals
- Choose A Fitness Program That Will Fit Your Needs
- Buy Proper Cloths For Your Exercise Program
- Have The Right Shoes For You Exercise Program
- Make Short and Long-Term Goals For You and Your Family
- Make sure that you are having FUN!
Remember your goal is to be Fit and Fabulous, so work with what you have!
Grilled Chicken with Pico de Gallo
This wonderful grilled chicken with pico de gallo, is a classic salsa of tomatoes, onions and cilantro.
- Ingredients -
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic Blend , divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Directions -
- Mix tomato, onion, cilantro, green onion and 1/2 teaspoon of the Seasoning in medium bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Brush chicken lightly with oil. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons Seasoning.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve chicken with Pico de Gallo. Sprinkle with additional Seasoning, if desired.
My Fitness Friday Features are individuals with life responsibilities just like you and I who have made a commitment to fitness and wellness as a lifestyle. Here’s a few of my “Fitness Friends” who will be my Fitness Featured Guest.
These interviews will give you the latest and motivational information around fitness, health and wellness.
Word of the week: igia