“Fitness Friday” Morning Groove
Artist: The System
Song: Don’t Disturb This Groove
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today Monday and Wednesday of next week:
Is all about the Chest and Shoulders? So here it is – Front raises, Side Raises, Up-Right Rows, Push Ups, Chest Press, Crunches, Reverse Crunches and 3-Way Calve Raises.
You will do 4 sets of 8 repetitions of each exercise. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous – so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
Meal of The Day – I’m Making
Orange Beef and Pepper Stir-Fry
Steak lovers can savor this dish, since lean beef, in moderate portions, is still heart-healthy. Brightly colored peppers supply plenty of antioxidants, and quick-cooking brown rice means dinner’s ready in no time (and everyone gets whole-grain benefits).
- Ingredients -
- 1 navel orange
- 1/4 cup(s) dry sherry
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 pound(s) beef eye round steaks, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 2 red and/or orange peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 package(s) (8.8-ounce) precooked whole-grain brown rice
- Directions -
- From orange, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/3 cup juice. In large bowl, combine orange peel and juice with sherry, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Add beef and toss to coat; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium-high until hot. Add peppers and 2 tablespoons water, and cook 5 minutes or until peppers are tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to medium bowl.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil on high. With slotted spoon, transfer half of beef to skillet, reserving orange-juice mixture. Cook beef 1 minute, stirring frequently. Transfer beef to bowl with peppers. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Add 1/4 cup water, then reserved orange-juice mixture, to skillet; heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute. Meanwhile, prepare rice as label directs.
- To serve, toss beef and peppers with orange sauce. Serve beef and pepper stir-fry over rice.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
- Mr. Jerome Pettigrew -
- I recently separated from the Air Force after 9 years. I was a power production technician at Robins AFB. I chose to leave the Air Force to stay with my son in the local area. I am still in the Air Force Reserves in the same location. I am finishing up my bachelor’s degree in business administration and will get my Masters in Nutrition. Shortly before I got out Michael Whitehead (my business partner) approached me about starting a business with him. We were both certified trainers have a lot of the same philosophies and both have a passion for fitness. I am also a nationally qualified NPC physique athlete.
- Our Mission: is to bring a new service to the Warner Robins, Georgia community that would bring together a diverse group of people who have a hunger for fitness. We decided to start a mobile personal training service to the city of Warner Robins. This is for people who don’t like to go to the gym and have people watch them or simply for those people who say they don’t have time to go to the gym. We will be providing and invaluable service for the community. With obesity being at an alarming rate all over we wish to ignite the passion for fitness for better living and a new way for people in all walks of life to come together and have fun. Boot camps are just one of the services we offer. We offer one on one training, online training, corporate training, meal plans, monitoring, and private boot camp parties as well.
Contact Information: https://www.facebook.com/jerome.pettigrew1?fref=ts
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest
- Ms. Krystal Flowers -
“Tae Kwon Do” Martial Artist at the Ninth Dragon. We will be talking about the benefits of participating in Martial Art as a form of exercise and learning self-defense. All while developing strength, balance and confidence.
“The Ninth Dragon”
Ninth Dragon Martial Arts-Northern VA Family Academy!
Address: 3733 Fettler Park Dr Dumfries, Virginia 22025,