“Fitness Friday” Morning Groove
Artist: CeCe Winans
Song: Mercy Said No
“Fitness Friday” Exercise Program
For Today Monday and Wednesday of next week:
It’s all about the Back and Arms? So here it is – Triceps Extensions, Triceps Kick Backs, Bicep Curls, Lat Pull Downs, Crunches, Reverse Crunches and 3-Way Calve Raises.
You will do 4 sets of 8 repetitions of each exercise. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous – so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
“Fitness Friday” Meal Of The Day
Garlic-and-Herb-Crusted Leg of Lamb
Ok, WHUR Family let’s get out of the box for some of you. If you are planning a dinner party during this Holiday season. Then I have the recipe for you. Let’s make a GARLIC AND HERB CRUSTED LEG OF LAMB. This leg of lamb is perfectly juicy in the center, with a fantastic crust. The recipe is so easy that it’s ideal for your dinner party during this Holiday Season.
Total Time: 2 hr 15 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
- Ingredients -
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 head(s) garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced rosemary
- 3 sprig(s) rosemary
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced thyme
- 1 (6-pound) bone-in leg of lamb, aitch bone removed
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 large carrots, cut on the diagonal 1/2-inch thick
- 2 large rib(s) celery, cut on the diagonal 1/2-inch thick
- Directions -
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup of olive oil with the minced garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
- Score the fatty top side of the lamb about 1/4 inch deep. Season the lamb all over with salt and pepper. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the whole garlic cloves, onion, carrots, and celery with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Arrange the vegetables in an even layer and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the rosemary sprigs over the vegetables and set the leg of lamb on top, fatty side up. Spread half of the garlic-and-herb rub all over the lamb, making sure to rub it into the score marks. Roast the leg of lamb for 20 minutes.
- Spread the remaining rub over the lamb and add 1/4 cup of water to the baking sheet. Roast the lamb for about 1 hour and 20 minutes longer, rotating the baking sheet a few times, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 145 degrees F for medium. Add a few more tablespoons of water to the baking sheet at any point if the vegetables start to get quite dark.
- Transfer the lamb to a carving board and let it rest for 20 minutes. Discard the rosemary sprigs. Carve the leg of lamb into 1/2-inch-thick slices and serve with the roasted vegetables.
“Fitness Friday” Fitness Feature
Some of my friends who ROCKED “Fitness Friday”
- Ms. Avis Ware – https://www.facebook.com/avis.ware.3?fref=ts
- Ms. Maggie Watson – https://www.facebook.com/maggiewatson.fitness
- Ms. Tissilli Rogers – http://www.tisfit.com/
- Ms. Kimberly Isom Moore – http://www.kimfitonline.com
- Ms. Leigh Hickombottom – http://www.leighhickombottom.com/
- Ms. Natalie Benson – https://www.facebook.com/natalieaneil/about
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest
- Gary Russell Jr. -
A Professional Boxer in the Featherweight Division. We will be talking about Fight, Focus, Family, Father and Fitness Program for Youth. Cuz at the end of the day quote “we don’t want no problems man”.
Contact Information: https://www.facebook.com/gary.russelljr
Word: Kala Christougena
Meaning: Merry Christmas