And It’s On and Pop, Pop, Popping!
Your “Fitness Friday” Morning Groove
- Carolyn Malachi –
Album Arrives July 30, 2013, Title: Gold
Song: “All Right”
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today, Monday and Wednesday of next week:
-Repetitions and Exercises, Repeat the circuit 2 times-
- 15 – Squats
- 15 – Front Raises
- 15 – Crunches
- 10 – Three Way Calf Raises
- 15 – Push ups
It’s all about the total body circuit program; the fitness goal is to maintain or develop a strong, toned and balanced body. Remember, your personal goal is become fit and fabulous! so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
Meal of The Day:
- Stuffed Red Peppers -
“Here’s a delicious Stuffed Pepper Recipe that’s easy to make. Each red bell pepper contains ground turkey, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup.”
- 6 red bell peppers
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- Water as needed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the ground turkey and onions for 5 minutes or until ground turkey is browned. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C). Stuff each pepper with the ground turkey and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers.
- Bake covered for 25 to 35 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
- Mr. Keith Baker -
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest”
- Ms. Carolyn Malachi -
“Ready for the World’ in 60 minutes,” proclaim the liner notes of GOLD, the highly anticipated new album by Carolyn Malachi and follow-up to the artist’s 2011 Grammy nomination.
GOLD fills the listener’s mind and soul with possibilities, as Malachi tells the story of today’s woman by masterfully harnessing and transcending the powers of jazz, hip-hop, blues, and R&B. Carolyn Malachi interprets the metaphor on “Nothing”
Washington, DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Become a Patient -
All Veterans are encouraged to enroll in the VA Health Care System. To begin the process, please complete an Application for Health Care Benefits. You can submit the form online, or you may print the form and mail it to us at:
VA Medical Center Eligibility Unit (08E)
50 Irving Street N.W. Washington D.C. 20422
You can also bring the form to the Medical Center. The Eligibility Office is located in the main lobby 1st Floor, Room 1B100.
- katalilotita -
Means: To Be Fit!