Your Exercise Program:
- (10) Push-ups / (:30) Mountain Climber
- (20) Single Leg Squats / (:30) March
- (5) Burpees / (20) Jumping Jacks
- (10) Lunges / (15) High Knees
- (25) Crunches, (25) Reverse Crunches, (15) Three Way Calf Raises
Try to keep your heart rate at 65% of your maximum heart rate – To get that number take 220 minus your age that number will equal your maximum heart rate. Than take 65% of your maximum heart rate number and that will put you in the Fat Burning Zone!
The Meal of The Day
Ceviche in Spicy Red Sauce
“Cooking” with the acidity of lime juice is a delicious, low-calorie method of preparing fresh fish, and has been around since ancient times. This tomato-based version originated in Acapulco and is very popular along the Pacific Coast. Serve up this tasty starter in a pretty sundae glass or on soda crackers.
- 1 lb. very fresh, boneless red snapper or other white lean-fleshed fish, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil *
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, cut in half
- ½ cup finely diced white onion
- Adobo with Pepper, to taste *
- ¼ cup finely chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 can (8 oz.) Spanish-Style Tomato Sauce *
- 2 tbsp. Botanita Hot Sauce with Lime Juice *
- 1 packet Sazón with Cilantro and Tomato *
- ½ cup Pitted Manzanilla Spanish Olives, chopped *
Note: For extra “zing” add a finely diced Jalapeño along with the diced onions.
- Place fish in shallow glass dish. Add lime juice, cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 2 hours at room temperature or until opaque. (The fish will not “cook” as quickly if refrigerated.) Stir occasionally.
- In small skillet heat oil on medium, add garlic, and slightly flatten with fork, sauté for 3 minutes. Let oil cool, and discard garlic.
- Pour off excess lime juice from fish. Stir in onion and season with Adobo. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add cilantro, Tomato Sauce, Botanita, Sazón, Olives, garlic-oil and mix well. Serve cold with soda crackers.
Today’s “Fitness Feature” for Hard Work!
Today’s “Fitness Friday” Guest
The Winston’s Band
The World’s Greatest Motown Revue, Performing Their “Memories Of Motown & Soul”. We will be talking about importance exercise and eating well while on the road.