Hello WHUR Family,
Food not only fuels our bodies, it also awakens our senses. Nature has given us the best of everything when it comes to food. We now know that the most beautifully-colored foods are also the most nutritious. And, when used in recipes, combining foods can make a beautiful presentation, have intoxicating aromas, fill our mouths with wonderful textures and flavors and create memories. So, food is clearly more than just fuel. Food also provides energy. That energy is what we commonly call calories. Let’s explore the relationships and how to make it all work for us.
- Fitness Friday Groove -
Artist: Miss Teen Navajo
Name: Krishel Augustine
- Fitness Friday Exercise Program –
Now, for your exercise program for today Monday and Wednesday of next week… It‘s all about The Hamstrings, Let’s do Leg Curls. So, here it is… What are the Hamstring muscles?
The Four Exercise that you are going to do is Lying Leg Curls, Lungs, Straight Leg Dead Lifts and Deep Squats. You will 4 set of 8-12 repetition using a light to moderate weight. And before you start your exercise routine warm-up for 10 minutes on the treadmill or stationary bicycles.
Remember your goal is to become Fit and Fabulous. So, work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
- Fitness Friday Meal of The Day -
Citrus-Picante Chicken & Melon Salad
Colorful, refreshing and absolutely delicious…this inventive grilled chicken salad is a winner. It’s the perfect summertime dish!
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 2 cups Picante Sauce
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups diced cantaloupe
- 2 cups diced honeydew
- 1 medium red pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- Lettuce leaves
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the lemon, the lime and the orange.
- Stir the picante sauce, juices and zest in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 1/4 cups for the dressing. Pour the remaining picante sauce mixture into a shallow, nonmetallic dish or gallon size resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning and brushing often with the marinade. Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Let the chicken stand for 10 minutes. Chop the chicken. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Stir the honey and reserved picante sauce mixture in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cantaloupe, honeydew and pepper and toss to coat. Serve the chicken mixture on the lettuce leaves.
- Fitness Friday Fitness Feature -
Photo by James Edward Mills.
2013 Miss Teen Navajo:
The month of November is the celebration of Native Americans around the world. It’s a time to refresh our knowledge and our appreciate towards the first Americans on land. Also it is to share all the different heritages through singing, dancing, and story telling.
Ms. Rena Bob
(928) 679 0219
- Fitness Friday Special Guest -
Dr. Phoenyx Austin
Is a physician, author, certified personal trainer, media personality and entrepreneur. She earned her Bachelors in Psychology from the University of Florida and a Doctorate in Medicine (MD) from Meharry Medical College.
Click on image to view larger picture.
- Let’s Do It -
Join me on October 5, 2014
Healthy Parks Healthy People
Enjoy your weekend, Peace!