“Fitness Friday” Morning Groove!
Artist: Chaka Khan and Rufus
Song: Tell me something Good
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today, Monday and Wednesday of next week:
I had such a good time with the legs. That we are going to do all over again. So, It’s all about the LEGS; The goal is to maintain your leg strength for balance, activities and mobility! We’re going to take it outside into the mountains and do a little walking.
You will do 1 minute for each exercise. Remember, your goal is become FIT and FABULOUS, so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
Meal of The Day:
A side dish of Coconut Tomato Red Curry
This scrumptious side-dish features layers of flavor from a combination of ingredients like ginger, coconut milk, tofu, toasted spices and eggplant. Served with hot cooked rice, this is sure to impress your guests!
- Ingredients -
- 1 lemon or 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 dried red chiles (chiles de arbol), seeded, toasted and soaked for 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lime or 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), diced
- 1/2 of a 14-ounce package firm tofu, well drained and diced
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (Thai or Italian)
- 4 1/2 cups hot cooked regular brown rice
- Directions -
- Grate the zest from the lemon. Add the lemon zest, shallot, chiles, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, cumin, coriander, white pepper, salt and 1/4 cup coconut milk to food processor. Cover and process for 4 minutes or until the mixture is smooth.
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from the lime.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot mixture and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the eggplant, remaining coconut milk, tofu, soup, lime zest and cinnamon stick to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes or until the eggplant is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick. Stir in the lime juice and basil. Serve the eggplant mixture with the rice.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
- Ms. Celena Carter -
Eat Right, Get it Right, Keep it TIGHT!
My family is originally from Antigua, W.I. and I love to embrace my Caribbean roots. I was born in Manhattan, NYC and lived there until I was a teen then later moved across the river to Clifton, NJ. I enlisted in the U.S. Air Force a couple of years after high school and I have been on the greatest adventures & fun filled life ever since. I have embarked on many business ventures and experiences, but I have finally found my love and passion and I will stick with this for as long as God is willing to allow. I am a bikini competitor. I just made nationals at the NPC Georgia State Championships on July 6, 2013 placing 1st in the Masters division and placed 4th in the Bikini Open.
I am also active military since 1994 and I’m currently enlisted in the GA Air National Guard full time in the Supply Management career field. I love to model, fashion shoots, anything fitness related, gymaholic, clean & eater. I feel blessed to embark on this journey and I feel like age is no limit to what you can aspire to become. God willing, I will continue on this venture until I’m in the grave.
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest”
Ms. Tiffany Mitchell, Tiffany Mitchell is a group leader for Girl Trek and Ms. We will be talking about getting up, out, moving your body and the benefits of hiking in the mountains or walking in your own neighborhood.
- To Our Military Veterans -
Washington, DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Welcome Home -
Veterans and their family members: Join us September 14 at the Nationals Park Event Tent, 4:30 to 7 p.m. for Welcome Home. Click for more information and to register for a limited number of free tickets to the ballgame that follows the event. For More information: http://dcvamcwelcomehome2013.eventbrite.com/
- Plethora -
Meaning – A very large amount of something or number of things, especially an excessive amount