Your “Fitness Friday” Groove…
Artist: Patti LaBelle
Song: Love, Need and Want You
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today, Monday and Wednesday of next week:
It’s all about Arms, Back, Abs and Calves; the goal is to develop a balance between your arms and calves and good posture with a strong core.
You will do 4 sets, 8 – 12 repetitions of the exercises. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous / so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
The “Fitness Friday” Meal of The Day:
Sautéed Shrimp on Warm Black Bean Salad!
Sure, shrimp has more cholesterol than other seafood, but it’s still heart smart because it’s so low in fat and calories. And fiber-packed black beans outscore all other beans in antioxidants.
- Ingredients -
- 1 1/4 pound(s) large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 can(s) (15- to 19-ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Directions -
1. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook about 6 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring frequently.
2. Meanwhile, from lime, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice; set aside.
3. Transfer shrimp to small bowl; cover with foil to keep warm. In same skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil on medium 1 minute. Add onion and red pepper, and cook 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin; cook 1 minute. Add black beans, lime peel and juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon black bean mixture onto 4 dinner plates, Top with shrimp and any liquid in bowl; sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
- International Rocking Fitness Team -
Photos that ROCK! Casual, Urban and Fitness photoshoots on location. We will treat you like the Rockstar you really are! Check us out!
To get more information about the team members click on the link below!
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest:
Ms. Romunda Ings, Internal Life Detox. We will be talking about how to get to the path to a healthier lifestyle with holistic approaches to cleansing and detoxifying the total body.
- Contact Information (http://www.cleanseurcolon.com/)
- Spoudazo -
Meaning – to make haste to exert one’s self, give diligence