“Fitness Friday” Morning Groove
Song: En Vogue
Artist: Free Your Mind
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today Monday and Wednesday of next week:
For Today, Monday and Wednesday of Next Week – We are working the Thighs and Gluts. So here it is – Single Leg Squats, Lunges (Remember: When doing your lunges. Be sure to keep your knee in line or behind your toe when you step out out) Stop, Step-Ups, Abductors, Adductors, Crunches, Reverse Crunches and 3-Way Calve Raises.
You will do 4 sets of 8 repetitions of each exercise. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous – so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here. You will do 4 sets of 8 repetitions of each exercise. Remember your goal is become fit and fabulous – so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
Meal of The Day!
Edamame and Corn Salad with Oregano Vinaigrette
Edamame are fresh green soybeans which are high in soy protein and fiber. They are found in Asian markets or in the frozen section of supermarkets and are sold shelled or still in the pod. Introduce your family to edamame in this healthful salad.
Makes 10 (2/3-cup) servings.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shelled edamame
- 3 ears fresh corn, cooked and kernels cut from cob (2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt (Grinder)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil in medium saucepan on high heat. Add edamame; cook 4 minutes or until edamame are bright green and tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- For the Oregano Vinaigrette, mix all ingredients in large bowl until well blended. Add edamame, corn, red bell pepper, green onions and parsley; toss well to coat. Cover.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Toss before serving.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
Ms. MayLa Ash
Height: 5ft 6in
Competition Weight: 126 lbs.
Residence: Dallas, Texas, USA
Occupation: IFBB Figure Pro/ Fitness Model / Personal Trainer / Program Manager
Facebook – www.facebook.com/MayLa.Ash
Instagram - MayLaAsh
After training herself and developing her own nutrition program Ms. MayLa Ash achieved pro status at the 2013 Team Universe Championships in New Jersey on July 6th, less than 9 months after her very first competition in October 2012.
- 2013 IFBB Houston Pro Show, Figure, 12th Place
- 2013 IFBB Europa Super Show, Figure, 16th Place
- 2013 NPC Team Universe Championships – Open, 2nd Place (Pro Card Eligible)
- 2013 NPC Team Universe Championships – 35+ Masters, 1st Place
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest”
Jamaal Piper of Piper’s Personal Training.
We will be talking about how to choose, the purpose and the benefits of having a personal trainer.
Contact Info: http://www.piperpersonaltraining.com
Jamaal Piper is a Certified Personal Trainer with a passion for health and wellness. His knowledge and passion for transformation attract a diverse clientele, including athletes, men, women, teens, special needs, and others. Piper emphasizes the importance of nutrition and the combination of strength training and cardio vascular exercises to achieve fitness goals. He has led workshops and programs for organizations, churches, parks, and recreation centers.
Homeless Veterans Stand Down
January 25, 2013
Description of the event:
The Washington DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center will host Winterhaven, a homeless Veteran stand down. The health and job fair “Stand Down” will occur on Saturday, January 25, 2013, from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m., Freedom Plaza, Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC.
This event is hosted and coordinated by the Washington DC VA Medical Center, with the community partnership of veteran service organizations, Federal agencies, corporate sponsors and community stakeholders. Winterhaven brings together a broad range of health, consultative and employment services to approximately 500 homeless Veterans from the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area – partnering to care for Veterans.
Meaning: “desire” in modern Greek; it is the desire to do something, to be occupied, to be in prominence.