Hello WHUR Family,
When you are looking for a physically active lifestyle, it begins with finding an activity that brings you joy and finding someone to share it with.
If someone told you that there was a “magic pill” that could improve your heart health, help you maintain or lose weight, build strong bones to prevent osteoporosis, keep your mind sharp, improve your sexual life. Decrease your chance of cancer, and improve your overall sense of well-being. Would you jump at the chance to get it? YES? Well, today is your lucky day because, that “magic pill” is physical activity! And it’s available to you free of charge and in many convenient forms. GET STARTED TODAY!
- Fitness Friday Groove -
Artist: Earth, Wind and Fire
Song: “That’s The Way of The World”
- Fitness Friday Exercise Program –
Shifting the paradigm to the Healthy women of Washington
Here’s the deal:
Your exercise program for the next six months. Starting Now! Marie is working out three day per week and following a realistic meal plan that you can find on WHUR .com under Fitness Friday.
Marie’s goal with your participation is to shift the paradigm to the Healthy women of Washington. And finish it all off with one fantastic celebration.
Remember your goal is to become Fit and Fabulous. So, work with what you have and all happening right here.
- Fitness Friday Meal of The Day –
Oven-Roasted Chicken with Artichokes, Lemon and Tomato Sauce
Chicken and artichokes are roasted with a squeeze of lemon and a fresh-tasting Italian sauce and served over a bed of couscous. Yep, it’s as good as it sounds.
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- package (about 9 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, cut in quarters
- cups Prego Heart Smart™ Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Italian Sauce
- package (10 ounces) couscous, prepared according to package directions
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Grate 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from the lemon.
- Place the chicken and artichoke hearts into a roasting pan. Stir the sauce, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken and artichoke hearts.
- Roast for 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce over the couscous.
- Fitness Friday Fitness Feature -
About Maxx Moses,
As this artist vision and identity evolved, so did his responsibility to the community. Within Philadelphia, Maxx Moses developed into an art educator, muralist, and an organizer. His ability to amass large groups of people was enhanced in 1997 when he created the BBOY BBQ, an annual art festival that celebrates the traditions of Hip Hop culture.
- Fitness Friday Special Guest -
Director, Veterans Services at U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
Washington, District Of Columbia (Washington D.C. Metro Area)
Leads the Veterans Services Division directly supporting the President’s Veterans Employment Initiative outlined in Executive Order 13518. Provides leadership and direction to recruit, employ, develop, and retain veterans in the Executive Branch. Serves as Executive Director for the Interagency Council on Veterans Employment and is responsible for overall management and operation of the Council and the Initiative.
Enjoy Your Weekend!