Hello WHUR Family,
When you are looking for a physically active lifestyle, it begins with finding an activity that brings you joy and finding someone to share it with.
If someone told you that there was a “magic pill” that could improve your heart health, help you maintain or lose weight, build strong bones to prevent osteoporosis, keep your mind sharp, improve your sexual life. Decrease your chance of cancer, and improve your overall sense of well-being. Would you jump at the chance to get it? YES? Well, today is your lucky day because, that “magic pill” is physical activity! And it’s available to you free of charge and in many convenient forms. GET STARTED TODAY!
- Fitness Friday Groove -
Artist: The Intruders
Song: Cowboys to girls
- Fitness Friday Exercise Program –
Here’s the deal:
Your exercise program for the next six months if you choose to accept this mission… Starting July 7th, I am personally taking on a fitness client name Marie Johns. We will work out three day per week and follow a realistic meal plan that you will be able to find on WHUR .com under Fitness Friday.
We will also do before, progress and after pictures. Marie’s goals are overall better fitness and weight loss of 30 pounds. So, Let’s do it. Here it is… I welcome you to join us on this fitness journey to achieve your own fitness goals along with Marie. Start July 7th, and let’s shift the paradigm to the Health women of Washington. And we’re going to finish it all off with one fantastic celebration.
Remember your goal is to become Fit and Fabulous. So, work with what you have and all happening right here.
- Fitness Friday Meal of The Day –
Customizable Bread Bowl Breakfast
Customizable Bread Bowls: Make Quick Appetizers (or Brunch) With Dinner Rolls
Recently I had a wonderful spring retreat with some of my very best friends at my Bed and Breakfast. We each took charge of a couple of meals and ate really well over the weekend.
I wanted to do something fun and different for one of the breakfasts and came across an idea for eggs in a bread bowl. Not only were they delicious, they were completely customizable. I laid out all of the components and let everyone go to town with their creations.
What You’ll Need
- 8 crusty bread rolls
- 2 Tb butter, melted
- Salt and pepper
- Assorted fillings*
- 8 eggs
How To Make It
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Slice off the top of each roll and scoop out the soft bread inside, leaving the sides of the roll intact. Brush the inside of each roll with the melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Let your guests fill the roll with their favorite toppings*. Crack an egg or egg white on top, season with salt and pepper, and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes and then cover the pan loosely with foil. Bake an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the egg is just set.
- Grape tomatoes, cilantro, parsley, thyme, shredded cheese, herbed goat cheese, caramelized onions, pre-cooked breakfast potatoes, spinach artichoke dip, deli ham, cooked sausage, crumbled bacon, onions, mushrooms, spinach, feta cheese
- Fitness Friday Fitness Feature -
About Lisa Hamm
Contact Information and Social Media
- Fitness Friday Special Guest -
Physique Competitor, We will be talking about the importance of working out for women, and how you can get that physique back after having kids.
– To Our Military Veterans and Friends -
The Washington, D.C. VA Medical Center
June is #PTSD Awareness Month. Take the mystery out of PTSD: learn what it is, who is affected, and how treatment can help. Visit the National Center for PTSD website for more information and to see a list of ways to help raise PTSD awareness. www.ptsd.va.gov/about/ptsd-awareness/index.asp
Enjoy Your Weekend,