Hello WHUR Family,
When you are looking for a physically active lifestyle, it begins with finding an activity that brings you joy and finding someone to share it with.
If someone told you that there was a “magic pill” that could improve your heart health, help you maintain or lose weight, build strong bones to prevent osteoporosis, keep your mind sharp, improve your sexual life. Decrease your chance of cancer, and improve your overall sense of well-being. Would you jump at the chance to get it? YES? Well, today is your lucky day because, that “magic pill” is physical activity! And it’s available to you free of charge and in many convenient forms. GET STARTED TODAY!
- Fitness Friday Groove -
Artist: Boney James
- Fitness Friday Exercise Program –
Here’s the deal,
Your exercise program for the next six months if you choose to accept this mission… Starting July 7th, I am personally taking on a fitness client name Marie Johns. We will work out three day per week and follow a realistic meal plan that you will be able to find on WHUR .com under Fitness Friday.
We will also do before, progress and after pictures. Marie’s goals are overall better fitness and weight loss of 30 pounds. So, Let’s do it. Here it is… I welcome you to join us on this fitness journey to achieve your own fitness goals along with Marie. Start July 7th, and let’s shift the paradigm to the Health women of Washington. And we’re going to finish it all off with one fantastic celebration.
Remember your goal is to become Fit and Fabulous. So, work with what you have and all happening right here.
- Fitness Friday Meal of The Day -
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
This delicious main-course salad features grilled marinated chicken, a tasty Caesar-style dressing and crunchy croutons.
What You’ll Need
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (about 13 cups)
- 1/2 cup Classic Caesar Croutons
How To Make It
- Stir the soup, water, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, garlic, black pepper and 3 tablespoons cheese in a shallow nonmetallic dish or gallon size resealable plastic bag. Reserve 1 1/4 cups for dressing. Add the chicken to the remaining soup mixture and turn to coat. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning and brushing often with the marinade. Discard the remaining marinade. Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Thinly slice the chicken.
- Place the lettuce and chicken into a large bowl. Add the reserved dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the croutons and remaining cheese.
- Fitness Friday Fitness Feature -
About Maya Ash
Click picture to view larger image
Photos by Paul Marcus:
- Fitness Friday Special Guest -
Mr. Jim Thomas
Jim Thomas - Complete Nutrition
We will be talking about supplements for women and supplements that may help with hot flashes.
– To Our Military Veterans and Friends -
The Washington, D.C. VA Medical Center
June is #PTSD Awareness Month. Take the mystery out of PTSD: learn what it is, who is affected, and how treatment can help. Visit the National Center for PTSD website for more information and to see a list of ways to help raise PTSD awareness. www.ptsd.va.gov/about/ptsd-awareness/index.asp
Enjoy your weekend,