Taking it to the Streets Weekend Haps
Father’s Day Weekend events for the entire family
Thursday June 12th – Sunday June 15th
- Tonight you can kick off the Father’s Day weekend with our super dad Frank Ski of the Frank Ski Show at the Howard Theatre as he host a night with Lalah Hathaway and Ruben Studdard at 8pm
- Join Joe Clair of the Frank Ski Show tonight at the Bethesda Blues and Jazz Club as he takes part in DeSean Jackson: Comedy Show for a Anti-Bullying Cause. The lineup includes some of the district’s best comedians, Huggy Lowdown, Chris Paul, Chris Thomas, Tony Woods and Joe Clair. There are two shows one at 7pm and one at 10om
- On Saturday Taylor Thomas will be at the 7th Annual Juneteenth Celebration with the Prince George’s county department of Park and Recreations at Watkins Park in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. The event is from noon to 5pm and is free for the whole family.
- Also on Saturday, “Brothers for a Cause” is offering a fun and free “Community Day” event which includes a 5K Walk/Run in the morning, and food and games for children in the afternoon. This event takes place at Prince George’s Community College, located at 301 Largo Road in Largo, Maryland. For more information log onto www.brothersforacause.org
- On Sunday, Father’s Day, you can join Tony Richards at the Lincoln Theatre as the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities Presents: A salute to Fathers, with WAR and Special guest Secret Society and comedian Mike Brooks the doors open at 6pm and the show starts at 8pm
- Also on Father’s Day, It’s The 14th “J-Raz’ Annual Father’s Day CookOut,” is happening at Anacostia Park. This family event includes lots of grilled foods, like ribs, chicken, hot dogs, and hot links; sports games for your kids to enjoy; and even free health screenings.
Taking it to the Streets weekday mornings at, 6:46am, 7:13am and at 8:13am