Taking it to the Streets Weekend Haps
4th of July Holiday Weekend: Friday July 4th – Saturday July 5th
- This Saturday come join Triscina Grey at the Howard Theatre as she host a night with DC’s own Kenny Lattimore. The show starts at 8 and I promise you that this will be a great night you won’t want to miss so get your tickets today and thank me on Monday.
- This is your last chance to check out the all-new D.C Capital Fair at RFK stadium. It will only be here until July 6th. This weekend the fair will be open from 2pm to 11pm you can enjoy a petting zoo, wolf show, tiger show, Lance Gifford Illusion show and a Hypnotist show. Don’t forget all the high speed thrill rides like the Obiter and the Extreme.
- For the quintessential Fourth of July experience, don’t miss America’s National Independence Day Parade, which features marching bands from all over the country, military and specialty units, patriotic floats and VIPs. It’s a great start to a full day of Fourth of July events. The parade kicks off at July 4th at 11:45 a.m. on Constitution Avenue and 7th Street NW.
- There’s plenty to do on the National Mall before the evening festivities. With the Smithsonian Folklife Festival. The Annual Celebration of Cultural Diversity turns the National Mall into a global bazaar with music, dancing, crafts and demonstrations exploring different cultures.
- This year marks the 200th birthday of our National Anthem. If you want to see something really special this July 4th, head to the National Museum of American History to behold the flag that inspired Francis Scott Key to pen The Star-Spangled Banner. This summer only, the original manuscript of the National Anthem, on loan from the Maryland Historical Society, will be displayed with the flag at the museum.
Follow Me: Facebook
Bobby is the producer of the syndicated Steve Harvey Morning Show heard weekday mornings from 6am – 10am. He can also be heard on the weekends as the host of the “Weekend Review” on WHUR 96.3 and on Sirius/XM Channel 141 and on WHUR-World. Bobby is also the host of “The New Artist Feature” also airing on Sirius/XM Channel 141.