TAKING IT TO THE STREETS
Friday August 15th – Saturday August 16th
Today we are going to help you plan out your weekend. Here are some events and activities for the entire family to enjoy.
- Tomorrow you can see Boyz II Men at the Fillmore in Silver Spring for a great show staring at 8pm
- Eric Roberson will be kicking off his first of two nights at the Howard Theatre tomorrow and 8pm and again on Saturday at 8pm
- For my Go-Go lovers the Junkyard Band and Trouble Funk will have a late night show at the Howard Theatre Saturday starting at 11:45pm
- The “Last Southern Gentleman” tour featuring father and son Ellis Marsalis and Delfeayo Marsalis will be at the Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club Saturday for a great night of Jazz. Show starts at 8:30pm.
- The Greater Washington Urban League presents, “A Community Health and Wellness Back to School Festival.” There will be lots of fun for the kids including food, arts, and crafts, and a musical performance. Plus, free backpacks and school supplies will be available. It takes place on Saturday, August 16, 2014 from 11am to 5 pm at 2901 14th Street NW, in Washington, DC..
The “Taking it to the Streets Weekend Haps” with Bobby Gailes, runs every Thursday morning at 6:47am, 7:13am and at 8:13am on the Steve Harvey morning show.
Follow Me: Facebook
Bobby is the producer of the syndicated Steve Harvey Morning Show heard weekday mornings from 6am – 10am. He can also be heard on the weekends as the host of the “Weekend Review” on WHUR 96.3 and on Sirius/XM Channel 141 and on WHUR-World. Bobby is also the host of “The New Artist Feature” also airing on Sirius/XM Channel 141.