HAVE YOU BEEN PRACTICING GOOD POSTURE? ARE YOU SLOUCHED IN YOUR CHAIR? Actually, having good posture will do more than keep you looking youthful as the years go by!
An article by Celestine Chua from PersonalExcellence.co gives you great tips for better posture. While many people are sitting at a desk or chair for long periods of time, it is important that slouching does not occur because it not only looks unprofessional, but it can also have several negative impacts on your body as well.This pressure can even possibly lead to long-term troubles in the future.
The 5 key benefits from maintaining a good posture include:
- Facilitates breathing: A good posture naturally enables you to breathe properly.
- Increases concentration: When you’re breathing properly, you also increase your thinking ability.NOTE: The brain requires 20% of oxygen to do its job properly.
- Improve your image: People with good postures tend to look more appealing.
- Feel even better about yourself: When you have a good posture, it can help you gain more self-confidence.
- Avoid health complications: A bad posture results in several complications over time, such as increased risks of slipped disc, back aches, back pain, pressure inside your chest, and poor blood circulation.
Try sitting in a bad posture now for 30 seconds. Now, switch to a good posture for 30 seconds as well. Is there any difference in how you felt?
Let’s keep those spines straight and start the journey of living a healthier life!
SOURCE: Celestine Chua / personalexcellence.co
Follow Me: FacebookTwitter
Veteran radio personality Triscina Grey has graced the midday airwaves of WHUR since 1991. Her top-rated show features Café 96, an hour of live musical requests and lunchtime favorites. A genuinely spiritual person, Triscina hails from New Haven, CT. Aside from radio, Triscina has volunteered for many causes including the National Council of Negro Women, the NAACP, March of Dimes and American Cancer Society. Through it all, she manages to balance her career with volunteer work, a proud marriage and motherhood. Ask her and she’ll tell you she is “very thankful and blessed” and she is quick to give God all the glory.