HAVE YOU BEEN PRACTICING GOOD POSTURE? ARE YOU SLOUCHED IN YOUR CHAIR? Actually, having good posture will do more than keep you looking youthful as the years go by!
An article by Celestine Chua from PersonalExcellence.co gives you great tips for better posture. While many people are sitting at a desk or chair for long periods of time, it is important that slouching does not occur because it not only looks unprofessional, but it can also have several negative impacts on your body as well.This pressure can even possibly lead to long-term troubles in the future.
The 5 key benefits from maintaining a good posture include:
- Facilitates breathing: A good posture naturally enables you to breathe properly.
- Increases concentration: When you’re breathing properly, you also increase your thinking ability.NOTE: The brain requires 20% of oxygen to do its job properly.
- Improve your image: People with good postures tend to look more appealing.
- Feel even better about yourself: When you have a good posture, it can help you gain more self-confidence.
- Avoid health complications: A bad posture results in several complications over time, such as increased risks of slipped disc, back aches, back pain, pressure inside your chest, and poor blood circulation.
Try sitting in a bad posture now for 30 seconds. Now, switch to a good posture for 30 seconds as well. Is there any difference in how you felt?
Let’s keep those spines straight and start the journey of living a healthier life!