Great news for students! For Black History Month many companies — through their foundations — have announced scholarship programs. Act fast–the deadlines are in February. Even if you don’t have high school children preparing for college…please share this with someone you know who has.
Here a just five choices for the college-goer in your life to consider. To find other 2014 scholarships, click here.
1) The Frito-Lay “Create to Celebrate” Black History Month Art Contest: Do you have artistic talent? Show it off here by submitting an original piece of art. The piece, which can be in any medium (video, song, photo, sculpture, painting, etc), must celebrate African-American achievement.
2) The Coca-Cola Pay It Forward Scholarship Program: This program offers once-in-a-lifetime apprenticeship experiences to African-American youth.
3) The RBC Black History Month Student Essay Competition: This Royal Bank of Canada scholarship is strictly for Canadian students. Applicants must write a 750-words or less essay on how black Canadians have contributed toward the heritage of Canada.
4) The 100 Black Men of America Future Leader Scholarship Program: Based on academic achievement and community service, this scholarship is open to high school seniors along with college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
5) The Jerry Bartow Scholarship Fund: The Black Executive Exchange Program awards three scholarships each year for HBCU undergraduate students majoring in business, engineering, technology, or education.