Boxer Adrien Broner suspended by WBC for racial remarks.
In a report from cincinnati.com, The World Boxing Council has suspended Cincinnati boxer Adrien Broner for making racially insensitive remarks.
Here is the WBC’s statement:
Adrien Broner , former WBC lightweight champion has offended many persons of the world with his words during the interview after the fight vs Molina.The World Boxing Council holds human equality as its banner and will not accept a former WBC champion to make racially offensive statements.Since words have different meanings and can be interpreted in different ways , the WBC is issuing this open letter to Adrien Broner to either clarify what he meant with his words or to issue a public apology if those words were intended to be despective and offensive.Adrien Broner is hereby suspended from participating in any WBC sanctioned Championship and will be excluded from the WBC Ratings until the time he makes a public apology satisfactorily to the public of the world.Boxing is a great sport , it is a world sport and boxers are honorable and exemplary members of the community. FairPlay and human equality must always be upheld.
Are we becoming overly sensitized to people who make stupid comments involving another race? Watch the video and let us know what you think?
- » Kevin Durant Gives Emotional MVP Acceptance Speech
- » Congratulations to Our Home Team and Our Home Boy!
- » Michelle Obama to Speak at Maya Angelou’s Memorial Service - And You Can Watch It Here!
- » Maya Angelou's Feature Film Documentary....Will Continue Production
- » New List of Speed Camera Locations in the District of Columbia