It’s a “Fitness Friday” Double Play!
Your “Fitness Friday” Exercise Program!
For Today, Monday and Wednesday of next week:
It’s getting warmer earlier, the days are longer and the last place you want to be is inside. So, let’s get in, get it done and get out. We are going to hit the circuit training program.
And the goal is – Full Body Strength and Conditioning! With the circuit training program, you will spend 60 second during each exercise and repeat the circuit 3 times. Remember, your goal is become fit and fabulous so work with what you have and it’s all happening right here.
Circuit Training Program:
The “Fitness Friday” Meal of The Day:
- Roasted Vegetable Ratatouille -
Here’s an updated version of a classic ratatouille. Roasting the vegetables makes this version so much better than the original…and it’s ready in less than one hour!
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 small zucchini, diced (about 2 cups)
- 6 ounces mushrooms, cut in quarters (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Veggie Smart Chunky & Savory Italian Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Place the eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms onto a rimmed baking sheet. Add the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir to coat. Sprinkle with the oregano.
- Roast for 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with the cheese.
“Fitness Friday” Feature – Hard Work!
- Tamika Taylor –
I am on a mission to be the best I know I can be to my boys as well as to my community. Through purpose and driven excellence, I realize the importance of fitness as it pertain to my overall health and at age 33 with 4 boys, to look physically fit! Through my journey with fitness, I hope to educate and help people find how fitness can help with overcoming difficult situation and in the same process… look great!
Hello, I’m Tamika Taylor; I am 33 years of age. I was born in Brooklyn, NY, raised in South Florida. I am single parent raising 4 beautiful boys. I am in the process of finishing 2 classes to receive my Bachelor degree in Legal Studies and in the near future; I will be attending law school to be an attorney. I also received my certification in Personal training and would like to use the skills I obtain to help better single woman as well as my community.
Fitness for me has been my stress reliever, my best friend and the answer to my prayer. I started back playing tennis twice a week and working out 1 day a week. I increase my time at the gym from 1 day a week to 5-6 days a week! My starting weight was 153lbs at 35 percent body fat and now I am 138lbs at 23 percent body fat.
My next goal is to become a fitness model and to be on a fitness magazine to share my story so I can inspire others to never give up on anything after going through difficult situation.
My “Fitness Friday” Special Guest”
- Army Colonel, Dr. Harry Marshall -
From Washington, DC and Director, Surgical Critical Care Surgery Service for the
Washington, DC’s Veterans Affairs Medical Center – Will be talking about athletics, education and men’s health.
- Theoria -
(Matthew 6:22–34). Insight into being and becoming (called noesis) through the intuitive truth called faith, in God (action through faith and love for God), leads to truth through our contemplative faculties. This theory, or speculation, as action in faith and love for God, is then expressed famously as “Beauty shall Save the World”.