‘Jet’ magazine to stop print publication at the end of June. Oh, No! What will we have to look at now while we’re waiting in line at the Grocery Store?
Johnson Publishing in a press release announced today that Jet will transition to a digital magazine app at the end of June.
Jet has the third-largest circulation in the African-American magazine market with 700,000, behind Ebony and Essence.
“Almost 63 years ago, my father, John Johnson, named the publication Jet because, as he said in the first issue, ‘In the world today, everything is moving faster. There is more news and far less time to read it,’ ” said Linda Johnson Rice, chairman of JPC, in a release. “He could not have spoken more relevant words today. We are not saying goodbye to Jet, we are embracing the future as my father did in 1951 and taking it to the next level.”
Jet‘s online content will feature entertainment news along with politics, pop culture and social issues that affect African Americans.
SOURCE: Johnson Publishing
- » Maya Angelou's Feature Film Documentary....Will Continue Production
- » Kevin Durant Gives Emotional MVP Acceptance Speech
- » Coming up tonight @ Midnight!
- » OPEN CASTING CALL TODAY In the DMV for the TV Show 'House of Cards'
- » Michelle Obama to Speak at Maya Angelou’s Memorial Service - And You Can Watch It Here!