Michelle Obama to speak at Maya Angelou’s memorial service
First lady Michelle Obama will add her voice to those honoring Maya Angelou at a memorial service for the poet and author this weekend. Other’s scheduled to attend are Oprah Winfrey and Bill Clinton.
The White House said Thursday that Mrs. Obama will deliver remarks at the event honoring Angelou on Saturday at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
The school says Angelou’s family will be planning additional events in other cities across the country. That information will be released later.
Saturday’s service is closed to the public, we have the link for the live stream
- » Are We Being Overly Sensitive To Marketing That Appears Racist?
- » What's All The Fuss About This Graduation Photo Of A Mother Breastfeeding?
- » In Memory of Trayvon, Rachel Jeantel Keeps Her Promise
- » Wednesday's Reality Check: What Would You Do If You "Found" A Lost Winning Lottery Ticket?
- » Introducing Francis Tiafoe, Prince George’s County Tennis Phenom