The Stars Were Out At This Year’s ‘Met Gala’ Red Carpet.
I know some of you are thinking….”What is the Met Gala?”
The Met Gala, formally called the Costume Institute Gala and also known as the Met Ball, is an annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute. It also serves as an opening celebration for the institute’s annual fashion exhibit.
It is widely regarded as one of the most exclusive social events in New York and one of the biggest fundraising nights of the city with a reported nine million dollars raised in 2013. The affair, attended by personalities from the arts, fashion and entertainment, has been held at the Met since 1971 and is considered to be the fashion industry’s premier annual red carpet event.
So, in other words, it’s another event that raises money and brings out celebrities wearing top designer clothing.
What do you think about the fashions?
SOURCE: Costume Institute Gala
- » Did Vanity Fair Diss Women of Color in Spread About Jen Selter’s Rear End?
- » Say WHAT?! - R. Kelly and Andrea Kelly's Daughter Transgender?
- » Happy 40th Birthday to Trecina "Tina" Atkins-Campbell
- » Happy 60th Birthday to Ray Erskine Parker, Jr.
- » Usher To Release Brand New Single “Good Kisser” Monday, May 5th