Taking it to the Streets, Weekend Haps
- Tomorrow is National HIV Testing Day and WHUR is once again teaming up with the “Congressional Black Caucus Foundation,” the “National Council of Negro Women,” and the “Community Education Group” to host a day of free confidential testing and HIV/AIDS information. Triscina Grey will be broadcasting live from 10am to 3pm outside of the Dorothy Height Building
- Sneeds Productions Entertainment presents, “The Women of Life Changing Seminar and Dance,”. This event is designed to help empower women to overcome major life challenges. There will be live performances, and information on holistic care and healthy eating. This event is from 4 to 8 pm at the Harmony Hall Regional Center on Livingston Road in Fort Washington, MD
- “Heels & Helmets” is hosting its 4th Presidential “Afternoon Tee,” a golf event designed to empower women. Ladies are encouraged to come out for golf lessons and a networking lunch. This event will take place at the Rock Creek Golf Course, in Washington DC
- The DC Jazz Festival is on and popping and this weekend you can check out shows all over the city. This Saturday, at the Capitol Riverfront, check out Gregory Porter, Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue and the Robert Glasper Experiment . The gates open at noon and the show starts at 3pm. This is sure to be a great concert.
- R&B star, Fantasia will be at the Howard Theatre this Saturday and Sunday to celebrate her birthday. Saturday, will be the concert and Sunday Fantasia will return for another show titled, “Fantasia and Friends”: Diamond and White Affair to Celebrate her 30th Birthday.