Today is National Voter Registration Day! Here’s what YOU need to know about National Voter Registration Day…
• National Voter Registration Day is a day where volunteers across the country work to get persons registered.
• It literally takes two minutes to register.
• Every year millions of Americans are not able to vote because they missed their local registration deadlines.
• Voter registration deadline in DC is October 11th.
• Voter registration deadline in Maryland is October 18th.
• Voter registration deadline in Virginia is October 17th.
• There are 219,000,0000 Americans eligible to vote.
• Only 146,000,000 Americans are actually registered to vote.
• In 2012, 126,000,000 Americans or 57% of eligible voters actually exercised their right to vote.
• 72,000,000 Americans did not vote in the last Presidential election.
For more info, see here.
Take 2 minutes to register to vote TODAY and bring at least two people with you!
Follow Me: FacebookTwitter
Renee Nash, Director of Information and Public Affairs for WHUR, is a well-respected journalist who has covered a range of issues from local and national politics, to healthcare reform and civil rights. She has also spearheaded numerous award-winning projects including radiothons, town hall meetings and food and clothing drives. Over her 25-year career at WHUR, she has been a writer, reporter, producer and anchor. Renee serves on the boards of many organizations including the Edith P. Wright Breast Cancer Foundation and Sisters of Hope. She is the proud mom of Dominique and Delante.